The First Step For A New Beginning
Divorce is one of the most complicated and difficult events for any family unit to endure, particularly if there are children involved. Many spouses do not realize how interconnected they are at an emotional, economic and legal level. As one of New Jersey’s most knowledgeable lawyers in the area of family law, Sharon E. Johnson provides aggressive, yet compassionate, representation to the individuals and families in Morris County that are going through this process.
A co-founder of Johnson & Johnson, Attorneys At Law, Florham Park divorce lawyer Sharon E. Johnson sits down and listens to your story to best determine your needs, priorities and goals. She is an experienced divorce litigator certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as an approved family mediator and serves as court-appointed mediator when called upon. She also handles private mediation. She is comfortable representing her clients’ high-asset divorces and high-conflict situations, and often is involved in litigation before a judge.
Things To Consider When Getting Divorce
A variety of issues need to be resolved when you are getting divorced. The first thing to consider is how to protect yourself and your rights without affecting the family unit more than necessary. Major divorce issues to consider include:
- Contested or uncontested: Contested ends up in court and adds a lot of stress and expense to the process. Uncontested means the parties agree to divorce and the process can proceed in a more collaborative manner.
- Child support: This is a calculation generally based on gross pay of both parents combined and how many children there are.
- Child custody: This is the legal right to have input in a child’s important life decisions.
- Dividing assets: This is an area of negotiation, particularly if there is a large portfolio of assets and/or a business.
- Alimony: This is quickly changing here in New Jersey. Contact us for the most up-to-date information.
Every divorce is different. The key is determining what works best for you and your family. Attorney Sharon E. Johnson and the entire staff at Johnson & Johnson, Attorneys At Law, can help make this difficult process as smooth as possible.
We Are Here To Represent You And Your Divorce Needs
Call 973-937-8959 or email us to schedule an initial consultation.