Mr. Johnson regularly represents public entities, developers and home owners in their real estate and land use matters.
Mr. Johnson's practice addresses all aspects of Estate Planning, Administration and litigation. He provides a customed, tailored approach to each estate matter so as to provide the appropriate service in that matter. Whether that involves asset preservation or the special needs of children and adults.
He has served as Planning Board attorney, Zoning Board of Adjustment Attorney, Town Attorney, and Redevelopment Attorney at various municipalities throughout the State of New Jersey. Mr. Johnson is also a retired Municipal Court Judge. Mr. Johnson received his B.B.A from the University of Notre Dame and his J.D. with honors from Seton Hall University School of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Litigation
- Land Use Law
- Real Estate
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1976
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court, 1976
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1983
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member, 1976 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1976 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of John M. Johnson, Esq., 1993 to 1998
- Law Firm of Leo and Johnson, Esqs., Partner, 1978 to 1993